Skip to main content


Resolve questions or disputes regarding charges on your student account.


A student should first dispute the charge with the originating office of the charge. If you don't know which department assessed the charge, contact Student Financial Solutions.

Be sure to check out our handy guide on How to Read Your Bill as well as University resources on identifying registration fees and other charges .


  1. Identify and contact the charging department.
  2. If unresolved, set-up an administrative hearing.
  3. Present your case to University representatives.

Information on administrative hearings:

  • An administrative hearing is an informal proceeding without attorneys, and the technical rules of evidence do not apply.
    • Disputed charges under $200 are reviewed by an impartial University representative.
    • Disputed charges over $200 are reviewed by a three-person committee, including a student body representative.
  • The student must be registered during the current or previous quarter to request a hearing.
  • The charge will be placed on hold, and the University will take no collection action or sanction until a ruling is rendered.
  • The student can present witnesses and documentary evidence.
  • The student can question the representative of the department that placed the charge.
  • The representative or committee will render a decision after the hearing regarding either the total or a portion of the debt. SFS will notify the student and the department of the decision. 

If the student is found to owe any charges, they must pay within 30 days after the ruling or SFS will take action to collect the debt.



Unpaid student account balances are subject to delinquent fees, academic holds , and other restrictions. Balances that remain unpaid are subject to collection action and fees. Delinquent accounts may be turned over to external contracted collection agencies of the University.

Student Financial Solutions (SFS) is responsible for managing the University’s Accounts Receivable portfolio. SFS engages in monthly billing and account monitoring to validate account balances and determine which accounts should be processed for continued collection efforts through third-party agencies.

If you have been contacted by one of the agencies referenced here regarding the balance due to UCSD please pursue resolution of your account with that agency. Additional questions can be directed to Student Financial Solutions by going to the UC San Diego Services & Support portal.


Having an account sent to collections can potentially negatively impact your credit score and cause undesired stress. Here are a few tips to keep your account in good standing with UCSD.

Check your e-mail to see when your bill is due to pay on time, avoiding potentially costly late fees.


Mailing address:
AllTrans Education Inc.

6506 S. Lewis Ave, Suite 260

Tulsa, OK 74136

Mailing Address:
Coast Professional, Inc. Campus

214 Expo Circle, Suite #7

West Monroe, LA 71292

Mailing address:
300 Chatham Ave.
PO Box 11590

Rock Hill, SC 29731


Find answers, request services, or get help from our team by going to the UC San Diego Services & Support portal by clicking below or give us a call at 858-822-4727 if you have additional questions.