Skip to main content


NOTICEAll students receive their first UCSD ID Card for FREE. Through June 30, 2022, there is no cost to replace a student ID card. Beginning July 1, 2022, the cost to replace an ID card is $25.00.

All students enrolled/registered for the current school quarter or session are entitled to a single, official UCSD Student ID card from the University. Students who are not enrolled/registered are ineligible for a student ID card.  


New to Campus?

Submit your photo online ahead of time!



All students receive their first UCSD ID Card for FREE


Incoming students must submit their ID photo via the online Photo Tool, as students will be unable to take photos at our office. Submitting your photo is critical, as professors and other campus staff use these photos for identification, exams, and additional academic purposes. 


Students are only allowed to have one UCSD ID card at any time to prevent fraudulent activity. In order to replace any card students must surrender their current ID card to UCSD Campus Card personnel. The Campus Cards Office cannot reactivate old ID cards. 


Please bring a second form of physical identification (driver's license or Passport) with you to the Campus Card office. Without one, you will not be able to receive an ID card. The Campus Cards Office does not accept photocopies or pictures of identification.


Freshman | New Transfer Student

COVID-19 Update:

Students must submit their ID photo via the online Photo Tool, as we will not be taking photos at our office for the foreseeable future. 

2022 Incoming Students: 

  • If you will be living on-campus, you will receive your ID card during move-in.

  • If you will be living off-campus, the Campus Cards Office will be hosting ID card pick-up events which students will need to sign up for in advance. More information and instructions for these pick-up events will be provided later in the summer. 


Graduate Students

COVID-19 Update:

Students must submit their ID photo via the online Photo Tool, as we will not be taking photos at our office for the foreseeable future. 

Our office has partnered with many graduate departments to coordinate ID card distribution for summer/fall 2022. 

Graduate students - please first contact your graduate coordinator (or review any communication that they send) to find out if your department is one that has partnered with our office. If so, your department will pick-up all ID cards from our office and then distribute them to students. In this scenario, you do not need to request your ID card from our office. 

If your department has chosen not to partner with our office, then you can request an appointment to pick-up your ID card by following the steps below. 

1.) Submit a case via the Services and Support Portal 
2.) Campus Cards staff will provide you with more information and instructions for scheduling an appointment at our office. 

Please note the Campus Cards Office does not mail out ID cards, as we cannot ensure they would arrive securely and undamaged, or that they would even arrive at all. As a result, any students living outside the San Diego area will need to obtain their student ID card when they arrive on-campus for future quarters. Students can also access an electronic version of your ID card via the UC San Diego mobile application.

Note: Visiting graduate or post-doctoral students may qualify for an Affiliate ID Card.

School of Medicine | Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

School of Medicine and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences students receive an official student One Card from our office. Please follow these important steps below. 

  • Attend your orientation events as scheduled to take your professional/white lab coat photos 
  • These photos will be sent to the Campus Cards Office for processing 
  • The Campus Cards Office will generate and print ID cards for all students, and then distribute them directly to your program's coordinator within two business days of receiving the photos
  • Your program coordinator will then arrange to distribute the ID cards to each student
  • Please do not visit our office, as we will not be able to issue you an ID card
COVID-19 Update: Please await further communication from your program coordinator about how you will receive your Medical/Pharmacy ID card.

Summer Session

Students must submit their ID photo via the online Photo Tool, as we will not be taking photos at our office for the foreseeable future. 

Students who are only attending summer session at UCSD should first find out from their program coordinator how they will receive their ID cards (i.e. from the Campus Cards Office or from their coordinator). 


Cross-Registered Students

Before going to the Campus Cards Office (map), cross-registered students will need to request their student PID from the Registrar's Office, which is located on the 2nd floor of the same building as the Campus Cards Office (Student Services Center). You will need your student PID before you can get your Campus Card. Once you have your student PID, you can visit the Campus Cards Office in order to take your photo and to receive your Campus Card at the beginning of the quarter. 

Division of Extended Studies Students

The Campus Cards Office now prints ID cards for UCSD Extension students! However, Extension students will not receive their ID card directly from the Campus Cards Office. As a result, please do not visit our office to request an ID card.

Instead, Extension students will receive their ID card from an Extension coordinator. For more questions about how/when you will receive your first Extension student ID card, or if you need to replace an Extension student ID card, please contact an Extension coordinator directly. 



Feel free to e-mail us by clicking below or give us a call at 858-534-6606 if you have additional questions.