Skip to main content


Read questions and answers about the Central Cashier's Office.

What if your office is closed and I need to make a payment?

Use the billing and payment tool to make an E-Check payment. Or use the drop box outside the Central Cashier's Office (map), where you will also find payment cards and envelopes.

Where are the campus drop boxes?


  • Outside the Cashier's Office along the Rupertus side

Note: Payment envelopes are provided at the drop boxes. Payments received after 3 p.m. will be credited the next business day. Payments received before 3 p.m. are deposited the same business day.

What payment types do you accept?

We accept:

  • Cash (U.S. dollars)
  • Personal checks
  • Money orders
  • Cashier's checks
  • Traveler's checks
  • International checks (must be in U.S. dollars)

Make sure your check:

  • Is payable to UC Regents
  • Has the bank's branch information and account number imprinted on it
  • Includes your student ID number
  • Is written for the correct amount
  • Includes your signature
  • Has the current date
  • Includes your complete address

Note: Payments received before 3 p.m. are deposited the same business day. Payments after 3 p.m. are deposited the next business day. Your canceled check will serve as your receipt.

Do you accept credit cards or debit cards?

No. You can make credit card payments online on TritonPay.

Do you accept payments from college savings funds (529)?

Yes.  Please contact your 529 administrator with the following mailing address:

UCSD Cashiers Office
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0009
La Jolla, CA 92093-0009

Be sure that the student's name and student ID number are included with the check.  All checks should be made payable to UC Regents.

What if I can't pay all my registration fees at once?

Use the UCSD Triton Registration Installment Plan (TRIP). The quarterly cost for TRIP is $40 for all students. Students can apply online.

How do I make a cash payment?

Pay in person at the Cashier's Office (map).

Note: Before leaving the payment window, be sure you get a receipt that includes your student ID and the amount paid.

How do I make a housing payment?

Undergraduate housing installments are due by published deadlines. See the Rates & Payment Schedule for all due dates, grace periods, and delinquency rates.

Graduate housing payments are due the 5th of each month.

To pay by check:

Mail your housing coupon or billing statement top portion and your payment via:

  • U.S. mail:

    UCSD Cashiers Office
    9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0009
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0009

  • Intercampus mail: Mail Code 0009

Note: If you don't have a coupon or statement, pick up a payment form at the Cashier's Office (map).

To pay with cash:

  • Go to the Cashier's Office during business hours.
  • If using a payment form, please complete it before you get to a payment window.


  • Payments must be received (not postmarked) by the due date.
  • Late payments are subject to a $20 fee.
  • You must pay your housing fees even if you do not receive your statement. Your payment is due based on your specific installment plan.
  • If possible, please include your student ID number on the check

What happens if I bounce a check?

You will incur these fees and penalties:

  • A $25 fee for every check returned for insufficient funds plus the original amount of the returned check
  • Cancellation of check writing privileges if three of your checks bounce during an academic year. You then must use cash or money orders for future payments.

To avoid additional penalties, pay your returned check fees as soon as you receive a billing letter. If your bank makes an error, you must provide a letter of explanation from your bank. After we receive it, applicable service charges and late fees will be canceled.

What if I stop payment on a check?

Stop-payments are handled as bounced checks (see above).

Note: Do not use a stop payment to withdraw from UCSD as it will not cancel your financial obligation to the University.

What if I withdraw from UCSD?

If you have already paid your registration, you must officially withdraw through your college to cancel your financial obligation to UCSD. Without a withdrawal, you are responsible for your fees.

Where do I send my payment?

Make payments via:

  • Mail:

    UCSD Central Cashier's Office
    Student Services Center, Suite 170
    9500 Gilman Dr.,  MC 0009
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0009

  • Intercampus mail:
    Mail Code 0009

  • In person:
    Southeast of the Price Center in the Student Services Center, Suite 170 (ground floor) (map)

  • Drop box

Why did you return my payment?

You will receive a returned payment if:

  • You did not tell us what the payment is for
  • Your check is unsigned
  • Your check is postdated
  • Your payment appears to be sent in error (e.g., it belongs to another UC campus)
  • You have a fee payment hold on your account
  • You have had three or more returned checks

If you believe we returned a payment in error, please call (858) 534-3725.

Can I make a payment for someone else's account?

Yes. You will need to know the account (PID) number for that individual and the exact amount of the payment.

Can I get information about someone else's account?

No. The Central Cashier’s Office strives to safeguard customer account information by limiting access and information dispersal of student account details. Only the account holder and those designated as authorized payers will be given access to the account and the information contained therein. For more information on privacy rights afforded to students under Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See UCSD Rights & Privacy page.

Do I need my billing statement to pay my registration fees?

Yes. If you don't have your statement, pick up a payment form at the Cashier's Office (map).

How I can tell if my fees are paid?

Check the billing and payment tool for your account balance.

How do I print my payment coupon?

To print your payment coupon:

  • Log in to the billing and payment tool
  • Select View/ Pay Bill
  • Click Current Account Activity
  • Click pay by mail
  • Print a copy to include with your payment

How many days should I allow for mailing my registration fees?

Allow a minimum of 7 to 10 working days for your payment to be received and processed.

  • We must receive your payment on or before the deadline.
  • If your payment is late, you may incur late fees or have your classes cancelled.
  • Check the billing and payment tool to see your account status.

Will you accept my registration fees if my account is not current?

No. Before accepting your registration fee payment, we review your account for outstanding debts or holds. You must clear previous debts before you pay registration fees.

To avoid future problems, keep your account current.

Can I bring my scholarship checks to the Cashier's Office?

No. All scholarship checks are handled by the Scholarship Processing Coordinator in Student Financial Solutions and should be sent to that office.  Their address is as follows:

  • U.S. Mail:

    UC San Diego Student Financial Solutions
    Attn: Scholarships
    Student Services Center Suite 355
    9500 Gilman Drive 0026
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0026

  • Intercampus mail:
    Mail Code 0026

  • In person:
    Southeast of the Price Center in the Student Services Center, Suite 355 (3rd floor) (map)

Note: If possible, please include your student ID number on the check


Feel free to give us a call at (858) 534-3725 if you have any questions.