Skip to main content


Student Financial Solutions offers several different payment options for students and their parents.


If paying by E-Check is not an option for you at the moment SFS provides payment flexibility; including payments with cash, check, 529 payments and more.

Check out other ways you can pay your tuition or registration fees below.

 529 PLAN

Prepaid educational savings plans, also known as prepaid tuition plans or Qualified Tuition Programs (QTPs), are dedicated savings plans set up under Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code. The funds are set aside for future college costs, and are operated by individual states or educational institutions. Each state has set up one or more of these plans.

529 plan electronic payments can be made on TritonPay, but please note that there is a $10 service fee for each payment. Please also be aware that not all 529 plan providers allow for electronic payments. See here for a full list of 529 plan providers allow for electronic payments.

If your provider does not allow for electronic payments or you would like to pay via paper check, please provide your 529 administrator with the following mailing address:

UCSD Cashier's Office
Student Services Center, Suite 170
9500 Gilman Dr.,  MC 0009
La Jolla, CA 92093-0009

Additionally, payment must include the student's name and ID number. All checks should be made payable to UC Regents.

Please note: 529 payments are processed as cash payments, not scholarships.

For more information about prepaid educational savings plan, check out Financial Aid and Scholarships


The Cashier’s Office is located on the ground floor of the Student Services Center, Suite 170. Payments can be deposited in the external drop box during closures. Their office accepts:

  • Cash (U.S. dollars)
  • Personal checks
  • Money orders
  • Cashier's checks
  • Traveler's checks

If you are paying with a check, please ensure it is payable to UC Regents, includes the student’s name and PID number, and all fields are complete

Read more about deposits at the Central Cashier's Office.

** Payments left in the dropbox Monday - Friday before 3:00 pm are processed the same day (except campus holidays) **


The Cashier’s Office accepts all forms of payments via mail, except for cash. Mailed payments must be received by the Cashier's on or before the payment due date. The University will not honor postmarks as on time.

Please mail payments to the address below:

UCSD Cashier's Office
9500 Gilman Dr.,  MC 0009
La Jolla, CA 92093-0009

To avoid processing delays, please ensure mailed payments are made payable to UC Regents and include the full name and account number.


Student Financial Solutions offers an alternative payment option for out of school students (eg. Graduated, withdrawn, etc.) who have a past due balance on their account.

Below are the following steps required to enroll:

  • Submit a Time Payment Agreement form under Guest Support.
  • Complete a Time Payment Agreement promissory note. This will define payment dates and installment amounts. 
  • Payments can be made with cash, personal check, cashier's check, or money order, directly to the Cashier's Office. 
  • Must submit 1st payment by the established due date.   

Enrollment in a TPA will suspend formal collection procedures. The past due balance must be paid in full before financial holds will be removed. 


Find answers, request services, or get help from our team by going to the UC San Diego Services & Support portal. Click the button below if you have additional questions.